This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TreatingWithNutrish #CollectiveBias
Today calls for BBQ Chicken Burger Bites with Avocado Slaw and a Spicy Vinegar Sauce. These quick chicken sliders make a delicious appetizer or meal. Cook up a batch for a crowd, whether you’re hosting a party, a holiday get-together or a weeknight meal! Makes 8 burgers.
Today, we’re doing something a little different. I’m sharing a treat for a pup and a treat for a human.
Unsurprisingly, this is delicious for both parties. I should note, though, that you shouldn’t give these sliders to your pup.
Instead, enjoy those while your pooch enjoys a Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® treat intermittently.
I’ve been a self-proclaimed “crazy dog lady” since the day I adopted my Lucy Belle in 2008.
When I spotted her picture on Petfinder, I declared she was the dog for me.
A month later, I brought her home from the shelter to my lonely apartment… and she changed my life.
While we’ve lived in FOUR different states multiple, I’ve changed jobs, Lucy acquired a dad and a baby sister, etc., Lucy has been the most supportive and loving companion I could’ve ever hoped for.
This shelter dog is one-of-a-kind, and I can’t imagine life without her.
So today and every day, I’m trying to treat her to more walks, more snuggles, more attention and more treats. Because not only is she a good dog, but she is WONDERFUL, super sweet and unbelievably caring member of our little family.
I was really excited to learn about Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® products.
They feature real U.S. farm-raised beef and chicken as the #1 ingredient. Safely cooked in the U.S. with the world’s best ingredients, they do not contain artificial flavors, meat by-products, wheat or corn.
Additionally, a portion of proceeds from every Nutrish® sale is donated to Rachael’s Rescue, which helps animals in need through The Rachael Ray Foundation.
Through 2016, Rachael’s Rescue had donated more than $14 million to pet charities and organizations that help animals in need. And as someone who has a rescue pup, I love supporting brands that support organizations that help other shelter animals.
So with that in mind, I ordered some Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® Deli Cuts, Meatloaf Morsels, Pawsta and Burger Bites from Chewy.com a few weeks ago for Lucy. You can find them where you pick up your family’s groceries or online.
Unsurprisingly, she loved them and has been snacking on them ever since.
Please note that Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® Treats are intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
Watch your dog to ensure Nutrish treats are thoroughly chewed before swallowing, and break the treat into small pieces if your dog is smaller.
Now that we’ve knocked out the pup goodies, lemme tell y’all about the human ones. (Hint: They’re inspired by the Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® Burger Bites, which makes me smile.)
Simply put, these BBQ Chicken Burger Bites with Avocado Slaw are my new favorite thing. And I might’ve eaten half the batch of them after the first tester batch. 😉 They’re easy to cook up and don’t require a grill.
The avocado slaw balances out the spice of the burger, and the vinegar sauce that goes on both the burger and the buns is spectacularly spicy/sweet.
Sound like something you’d like to enjoy? (You know it is!)
Here’s how you can make your own BBQ Chicken Burger Bites with Avocado Slaw:
Today calls for BBQ Chicken Burger Bites with Avocado Slaw and a Spicy Vinegar Sauce. These quick chicken sliders make a delicious appetizer or meal. Featuring spicy BBQ sauce and BBQ rub, the poultry patties mix up easily and cook quickly. Top with homemade avocado slaw and a spicy/sweet vinegar sauce, and these burger bites are hard to beat. Cook up a batch for a crowd, whether you're hosting a party, a holiday get-together or a weeknight meal!
BBQ Chicken Burger Bites
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 teaspoons BBQ dry rub, (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 whole wheat slider buns
- 16 oz. cabbage slaw
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon BBQ dry rub, (homemade or store-bought)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Spicy Vinegar Sauce
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Make the Spicy Vinegar Sauce
- In a small mason jar, combine the apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Shake until incorporated, then set aside for future use.
Make the BBQ Chicken Burger Bites
- On the stovetop, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is warm to the touch, drizzle in the olive oil.
- As the oil heats, combine the ground chicken, BBQ sauce and BBQ dry rub in a glass bowl. Stir until combined. (The mixture will be wet, so combine using a rubber spatula instead of your hands.)
- Using a ¼ cup measuring scoop, measure 8 chicken burger patties onto a plate.
- Cook the patties in small batches in the skillet, flipping when the bottom side becomes crusty and browned. Cook until the patties are completely cooked through and the internal temperature is 165°F.
- When the patties are completely cooked, brush liberally with the Spicy Vinegar Sauce.
Make the Avocado Slaw
- Measure the cabbage slaw into a large bowl, then set aside.
- In a smaller glass bowl, mash the avocados together.
- Season with the lime juice, apple cider vinegar, BBQ dry rub, salt and pepper.
- Pour the avocado mixture over the cabbage slaw, stirring until just combined.
Make the Burger Bites
- Toast the whole wheat slider buns, then slice in half. Dab with the vinegar sauce.
- Place the cooked burger bite patties onto the bottom bun, then top with Avocado Slaw.
- Continue until all eight burger bites have been arranged.
- Enjoy immediately!